[nagdu] Bill of Rights statement Concerning Health, Temperment, & Behavior

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:31:31 UTC 2011

Lisa,

You are not alone in dealing with health issues which were not
disclosed by the program.  My last program dog came with many health
issues.  The program knew about them but were very casual about it.
My previous guide had just died of cancer at age 3 and I was very
worried about the health of my next dog.  The staff at the program
where I attended told me that I was confused between my last dog with
cancer and this dog and that I needed to "stop looking for problems
when none existed."
They said that my second dog "probably had food allergies." and that
I'd need to "figure that out with my vet."
My second dog actually had such horrible allergies to grain that she
could not process the food she was given and therefore didn't grow
properly.

I did so much soul searching, and research and worrying over that
dog.  Finally I found a diet and a treatment plan which brought about
a 180 degree change in that dog.  But I can relate to the worry, and
the self-examining and the "what if's."
I think this reason is partly why I owner train.  I don't know if I
could ever trust a program to be honest with me, which is a pretty sad
statement, but it's how I feel.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches
Bristol (retired), Mill'E SD and Laveau guide dog, CGC.
Do not meddle in the affaires of dragons, for you are crunchy and
taste good with ketchup.
http://pawpower4me.blogspot.com
  pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: lillebriss