[nagdu] Quick Question

Lisa Irving lirving1234 at cox.net
Sun Apr 24 08:31:51 UTC 2011

Mark,

I applaud
 your maturity, your willingness to seek feedback.

As an incoming freshman you will incur many new responsibilities. It's a lot
of work to be a college student. It's work whether you are blind or sighted.
The fact of the matter, it's even more work when you are blind. Keep this in
mind as you weigh your options.

I think back to when I was a freshman, back in the 80s.  I think I could
have handled caring for my guide dog. What I likely would have had trouble
with is not letting my dog become everyone's toy. I think I would have had
difficulties living in a dorm and setting boundaries with room mates.

There are a lot of us on this list who want to see you be successful as a
student as well as being a guide dog handler. Both are huge jobs that take
determination, consistency and some tenacity.

Lisa and Bernie ----- Original Message -----