[nagdu] Thanks to All!

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 25 13:40:19 UTC 2011

Dear All,
    I want to thank everyone for their "Get-Well" wishes over the past few days. My orthopedist says I will make a full recovery in time for our national convention. I have a small fracture on the lateral (outside) portion of my tibia. I am non-weight bearing for two months or the middle of June. Fortunately, I will not require surgery!
    My wife, Merry, has been very helpful with the things that are difficult to do using crutches, such as bringing me coffee and food. I am learning to use some alternative techniques, such as rolling around on one of our dining room chairs to sweep the floor and do other housework. I am hoping to find a way to do some of my yard work, such as pruning some plants and building some containers for gardening. Mowing the yard, though, is something I probably won't be able to do until I can walk. Darn! I had so many plans for summer projects that need to be put on hold. Some I might be able to find alternative techniques to accomplish; however, the two big ones - building a berm in my front yard and a fish pond in my alcove - will need to wait awhile, since they require quite a bit of leg work, literally!
    In any case, I am hoping the two months (now seven weeks) passes quickly. I look forward to seeing many of you in Orlando! Again, thanks for all of your healing energy sent my way!

Fraternally yours,
Marion