[nagdu] What's Putting These Dogs In Danger?

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 30 21:10:57 UTC 2011

Sheila,

Makes sense, and you do have it right.  Owner-trainers, as we prefer to be
called, are absolutely thrilled about this attitude and how many times we
have it expressed to us by people who strongly feel we need to better
informed about what a problem we are for everyone else.  Such public
services as they are performing must be conducted in the most offensive way
possible, it seems and the service provider must by all means insure we
understand that they know what they're talking about while we are obviously
much to stupid to have considered any of it ourselves.  /smile/

Then, of course, there are those folks who ask questions and share
experiences and tell what they know about the service dog industry in an
interesting conversational fashion, so they more than make up for the public
servants.  /smile/

Over the course of that past few years, I have learned more than I really
want to know about the many layers of fraud and abuse out there.  The more I
think about it and the more I turn things around in my head, the more I
become convinced that more laws are not the solution.  More law enforcement
and stricter penalties and swifter justice would go much much further than
putting more words on paper for people to ignore and exploit.  Not that I
have an opinion or anything.  /grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney