[nagdu] booties

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 2 16:47:50 UTC 2011

hi, Tara,
Sorry I'm responding to your message late as I'm still catching up on email.
When I introduced the booties to Odie, I slowly took my time with getting
him used to them.
I started off with one foot and had him wear one for fifteenh/twenty
minutes.
After that, I slowly repeated the same method until I had all of them on.
The type of shoes I use are Pawtechers which can be found at Petco or
Petsmart.
They are light weight and don't weigh down the dog's paws at all.
I've tried other shoes out on the market for dogs, but Odie seemed to be
much happier with the Pawtechers the best, especially during the extreme hot
temps around the summer months.
When it does get above eighty however and I have no business being outtdoors
and it isn't good for me, then it isn't good for my dog either.
It's more because of how dry and hot it gets here in Colorado.
I'm sure others may have other suggestions on the list.
Bibi and retired Odie