[nagdu] Leader Dogs

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Tue Aug 9 21:32:54 UTC 2011

Hi Matt, I live in Ann Arbor and if I went to a dog school, well guess which one everyone in Michigan is assumed to go too!  Well, I chose Pilot dogs because they had poodles readily available even though Leader could get me on.  I would have to prove I needed a hypoallergenic dog.  I wanted the poodle or a poodle breed not because I'm allergic but I just like them!  They don't shed iether!  I was given all kinds of negative information about Pilot.  When I went through the program, it was not like I heard it would be.  I have heard a lot of good things about leader and think they're really doing some inovative things up here!  Every 2 years hear in Ann Arbor we have a vendor fair where a lot of different service companies, organizations and for proffit buisnesses show us what's available to us blind consumers.  Usually Seeing Eye, Pilot and Leader are all there.  You can talk to each representative and ask questions.  At the 2008 fair is when I made my decission to accuire a dog partner.  The representatives from Leader and Pilot impressed me the most.  They were warm and friendly and welcoming.  For some reason, the representative from Seeing Eye didn't seem to be that accomidating.  But unfortunately for them it left a bad taste in my soul for them even though I know they're great.  The only thing I noticed was the dogs at the Leader booth seemed to be more boistrous than the others!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!