[nagdu] nagdu using 911 for access denial?

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 05:58:02 UTC 2011

Hi, Marion,
Very well agreed upon here.
I've heard so many stories of 9 1 1 being misused, especially when people
don't get a certain thing they want at a fast food restaurunt.
That seemed to happen a lot.
Honestly, if I did that 9 1 1 thing during that time when my friend Natalie
Orrell and I had a minor problem at an Anthony's here in downtown, Denver
two years ago, that, would, have been really STUPID on my end.
Problem was handled appropriately and it was dealt with.
I spoke with the new employee and informed him of tha ADA law and the
following day, I contacted the manager and told him what had happened.
I also said to the manager that I simply wasn't looking to get that new
employee fired from his job, but more educated.
Now, if I could not have gotten anywhere the evening the incident happened,
I then would have gone outtside and called the Police Department immediately
upon having the officer on scene read the Access Laws for Colorado on the
little booklet which Pilot Dogs had sent home with me in my going home
packet.
I also made sure that I had my photo identification with me continuously
which Pilot also issued.
There's far better ways of dealing with problems than 9 1 1 especially for a
non-emergency related matter.
Bibi