[nagdu] airport adventure

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:38:17 UTC 2011

FYI, this happened to me coming back from Convention, and being a travel professional, and I also spoke to the TSA person that we had at convention talking to us about the procedure of the airport.

I have asked to let go of the dog and walk through without him.

This was the first time that this has ever happened to me in 4 years of having my dog and I travel a lot.

So, when he said to let go of my dog, I said no, that is not the procedure, and I wanted to speak to a supervisor, he also wanted me to remove my insulin pump from my body, not from the case, I told him that was not the procedure as well, since if I remove it from my body I put my life at stake because I couldn't put it back in.

He started calling me difficult, and finally said that the supervisor was not around, and I said I wanted his name, he wouldn't give it to me, but once I went through the correct procedure, and was talk to another TSA person, she gave me his name, and said he has been harassing people all day.  This was at the Orlando Airport coming home to Long Island.

The proper procedure, and I was told that what I did was correct by the Gentleman from the NAGDU meeting and from the Manager at the Orlando Airport TSA, since I called when I got home is

I ask the dog to sit stay, make a long leash, and hold onto the least and I walk through the metal detector first, when I come through, I call the dog to come, the metal alarm will go off, and they will gentle pat down the dog, of course, Maxx gives out free kisses normally at this point, he is such a flirt.

That is the proper procedure.  If someone tells you differently, get a supervisor or call the TSA when you get home, give them approximately what time it happened, what airline and get you were trying to get to, the time of your flight.  So they can track down who did what they did.

Do not be afraid to put you foot down.
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.