[nagdu] Comparison of miniature horses and dogs as guides, was: Re: Dogs, NFB and cane travel

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 19:02:11 UTC 2011

I think all of this is interesting, Anne. Horses don't lie down. Do they train these horses to do that, which would be quite uncharacteristic? How long is the training for the horse and then for the person procuring a dog? When you relieve the horse, or the horse relieves itself, do you use diapers or do you pick up similarly.

Once after I had a guide dog, I rode someone's horse. It was a very gentle one, and I am pretty sure it was following its owner, yet when I gave it some direction, it did as I told it to do. Much of that would be very similar I would guess.
Cindy