[nagdu] NFB and Dogs

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Mon Aug 15 12:50:21 UTC 2011

Good points Cindy!  I think some people in NFB resent dogs just because they think we depend on there sight.  Also, the general public thinks that's exatly why we should have them.  I understand where some of NFB's position comes from though.  I met a woman who somehow got through Pilots screening.  She was an older woman who had many physical issues, one of which she couldn't walk.  She also didn't know how to get around great.  Her doctor told her she needed a dog and that's the only reason she was there.  She ended up having to leave early becaus she couldn't handle her dog and she fell and hurt her hip.  We all felt sorry for her because she was a really nice woman but she should have never been there in the first place.  I have also met several folks who insist on talking to your dog and giving her directions instead of you.  I consider this amusing and begin answering in a funny voice but some folks get highly offended by this behavior!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!