[nagdu] NFB and Dogs

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 12:57:01 UTC 2011

Oh, I think some people who are in the NFB, and maybe other blind folks, too, think we depend on their sight. I do think people have become some more knowledgeable about this, and, of course, we do depend on their sight. Why would we use them otherwise. But we also depend on our own brains. Some reaction comes from the fact that the sighted public believes that we can't make it very well without the sight of a dog. That's why that poor woman was told she needs to get a dog; I've seen others like her at TSE. I think the more people in the blindness community are exposed to people using their dogs successfully, the more they come to realize that this is definitely a team effort.
CL