[nagdu] School Contracts

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 21 11:50:51 UTC 2011

    When I sat on Southeastern Guide Dogs' Graduate Advisory Council, I
advocated for a change in the policy. At the time, SEGDI did not transfer
ownership upon completion of training. Nearly every other member of the
Council took my arguments as anti SEGDI, stating they had no issues with the
policy nor believed anyone from the program would interfere with the
possession of the dog. I stated that an agreement is binding between the
individual and the program, not the individuals who operate the program. If
there were to be a change in the administration, the agreement would allow
the new administration rights over the dog and we would have no recourse
should that administration be oppressive. The policy was changed and SEGDI
consumer now have ownership of their dogs upon completion of training.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala