[nagdu] recent earthquakes and our dogs

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 02:37:58 UTC 2011

Hi, all,
With the recent earthquakes that just occured, I do hope everyone is safe
and well.
Trinidad, Colorado experienced a 5.2 magnitude earthquake on the richter
schale and sadly, many business were damaged including people losing lots of
things.
Insurance companies especially if the home or business owner's insurances
won't pay for replacement of anything.
Since I have renter's insurance, it covers fire, burglary, floods and
earthquakes.
For those who have been impacted, you'alls will be in my thoughts and
prayers.
Odie sends his your way as well.
I'm curious if anyone's dog reacted to them when they hit as I also heard
one occured in Washington DC in Virginia.
Odie actually felt the earquake that happened out in Trinidad, Colorado.
He began pacing back and forth upon not staying in one place.
The last earthquake which happened in Colorado took place two years ago in
the southern part of Denver, county.
That one was 6.3 on the richter scale.
I definitely felt that one as the apartment complex began to move.
I found what was interesting is that during the earthquake that occured
yesterday in Trinidad, Colorado, Odie didn't bark or let out a whine, but
instead, paced everywhere in the apartment.
He definitely felt that one through the ground since he's more sensitive of
ground vibrations.
He behaved the same way when the May, 2008 tornado happened in Winsor,
Colorado.
Although it didn't happen right away, he still felt that something was amist
and danger lurked in the air.
Same or similar situation on June 14, 2009.
Odie felt uncomfortable that whole entire day, even when the tornado siren
went off four times in an hour every fifteen minutes.
When the March 27, 2008 apartment fire happened in my apartment complex on
the 2nd floor, Odie immediately reacted and woke me up from a deep sleep
because of the amount of smoke that engulfed our apartment.
I know many people will agree with me or disagree, but that's fine as we're
all entitled to comments and opinions as well as views on how each of us
feels.
I was told in science classes long time ago that since animals were on the
earth way before we came along, they were able to pick up on drastic weather
changes or any dangerous weather related matters.
I guess it depends on a situation and how animals feel about it.
Each and all of us bond in a certain way with our four-legged furry friends.
It just so happens that Odie and I just have that deep bond and attachment
along with a strong, powerful connection.
Bibi and retired Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf
because he behaves like a wolf at times
who will be charished in my heart forever