[nagdu] our first greyhound trip

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 26 20:35:08 UTC 2011

Rebecca,

I just realized something. Zeb is that perfect mellow yellow lab people
keep comparing my active black poodle against. /lol/ She does great
guide work on country roads, and she loves kitties and all that, too.
She just levitates a lot when she sees ponies or goats, and when we
visit a house with kitties, she loves them so exuberantly they get a
little hissy at her for some reason. /lol/ This thrills her, because
apparently she thinks they're just wanting to play, too, because of
course they love her. /lol/ She's better now, still comes on a bit
strong for kitties even when they're used to dogs and like them. What a
nut! Going into a house with jack russels would definitely cause
levitation. Hanging around in the yard results in soccer... /lol/

Glad you had a great trip with that yellow lab Mitzi is so totally
not. /lol/

Er... In case I haven't told the back story lately, I live in Portland,
which is near boring, where GDB breeds raises and trains labs, the
majority of which are yellow, and which are seen about demonstrating
that they are very mellow. Owner training a young black poodle -- a
mellow example of her breed, for sure -- has given me a lot of chance to
hear about how perfect those mellow yellow labs really are...
Apparently, Zeb fits the myth!

Tami