[nagdu] Odie and Obedience for Food

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 27 03:15:36 UTC 2011

Hi, all,
Can't remember when I had posted on whatever list I may have, but if not, oh
well.
For a long time, I was experiencing dificulty with getting Odie to not grab
for his food and be in such a hurry.
I've changed some ta tactics and now, we do some obedience work before he's
allowed to eat his food or even a doggy treat.
That method seems to be working and despite that he's almost a third year
senior, he still knows his obedience very well.
I have him do some sit downs and then tell him the "wait" command.
Yes, he is told good boy while I apply "wait to him a couple more times.
After the food bowl is down on his elevated stand, I will then tell him "OK"
where he can come to eat his food.
This is definitely working for both of us and he's not so grabby or wanting
to tear into the kitchen to go after his food.
*Smiles*
Bibi and retired Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf
who behaves like a wolf at times