[nagdu] Hurricane Irene

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Aug 27 16:43:35 UTC 2011

We are all hunkered down here in north Jersey.  We should be well out of
flood range, though we might get some water in the basement.  Our main
concern is that we'll lose power, but we have plenty of canned food, plus
lots of fresh produce from the garden that will keep fine out of the
fridge for a couple days, at least.  All the public transit is shut down
now for the duration, so I'm wondering if I'll be able to go in to work
Monday, but that's no big deal, either.
Ben is going to hate going out in the pouring rain to relieve himself (and
I'm going to hate it, too), but we'll manage.  All in all, we're as set as
we can get.
Good luck to everyone else in Irene's path.
Tracy and Ben