[nagdu] Hurricane Irine (or Irene)

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 28 23:00:12 UTC 2011

Sheila,

Carpal tunnel can affect guide dog handling, as well. I've actually
found that the pull of the harness against my fingers has helped me get
further past the carpal tunnel and tendinitis on my right, where as my
left has been slower. But I think a lot depends on the individual and
how their carpal tunnel works and affects their grip. So some people
have difficulty reaching over to give a leash correction == c certainly
I had to work around that, even to give a reminder with a tug on the
halti... Also I worried a lot that loss of feeling would cause me to
over correct when I shouldn't. Mitzi seems to have survived all that and
now I don't have to worry as much because things are generally better an
she is also experienced and grown out of quite so much testing. Well,
unless she feels like it. /grin/

Tami