[nagdu] questions about having a guide dog

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Wed Aug 31 01:12:55 UTC 2011

I have been on an airplane up to 7 hours, and then did not seek immediate
relief for my dog. If you restrict food and water before and during a trip,
a healthy dog can hold it quite a while. I have left my dog with friends up
to two weeks while on a long trip where the dog would be very uncomfortable.
One dog had rather bad diarrhea the first day, but the others did fine. I
have hassles about entering a restaurant about once a year, but it is very
upsetting when it does happen. Usually this happened in oriental
restaurants, or in fast food places where the teen-age employees were not
properly oriented.

Ed Meskys