[nagdu] questions about having a guide dog

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 08:54:23 UTC 2011

Hi, Tatyana.

First of all, your access question will depend largely on where you live. In the U.S., people do face some access issues, but we have the ADA to back us up, and this helps immensely. I know that other countries have differing laws as far as access is concerned.

I've never left my dog for two weeks at a time. I suppose the answer would depend largely upon how often you had to do this. If it's something you had to do all the time, this might not work so well. This, of course, is only my opinion.

I don't have an answer to your airplane question. The longest either of my dogs has ever spent on a plane without relieving is about 5.5 hours, plus the ninety minutes or so we were in the airport before the plane took off. This was on very little food and water too. Some dogs have really good bladder control. Some don't.

I'm sorry my answers are so vague.

Shannon and Caroline
Are you a fan of women's music? If so, join me each Thursday from noon until three for the Eclectic Collection: a Celebration of Women In Music. Point your media player to:
http://mojoradio.us/listen
or
www.mintfm.net