[nagdu] Questions About Guide Dogs

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Wed Aug 31 01:48:03 UTC 2011

My neighborhood is very walkable as well.  My mobility is pretty good.  I like working with my Holly for a few reasons.  We can move really fast and not have to worry about bumping into anything.  For instance, I have to transfer busses often.  I try to run to catch the next bus and bump, bump, bump!!  I would have to have a head like a musk ox to survive all of those posts I bump into.  And a 30 foot cane to hit them in time to stop!  I haven't hit 1 post with Holly!  Also, Holly is just a great companion!  I forgot, she also will go around those cars who insist on sticking out in stopped traffic and finding those curb cuts quickly.  And she also finds the push button lights and now, the sheltered bus stops!  I'm trying to think of a way she can find the bus stops that are not sheltered.
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!