[nagdu] Request for Reasonable Accommodation

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Dec 7 13:33:00 UTC 2011

Tami,
Does your partner's prescription ever expire? If not, why not?
And how does a doctor (what type of doctor does this anyway?) decide who needs a prescription for an emotional support dog?
Do these doctors know anything about dogs and mental health behind the warm and fuzzy stuff?
I think what I'm wondering is on how on par this is with a medical prescription for drugs or a medical device.
Do patients go through a course that demonstrates how to care for and use the dog properly? If not, why not?
Is there any vetting of dogs that are suitable?