[nagdu] Fair Housing

rhonda cruz rhondaprincess at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 23:25:02 UTC 2011

Hi jeff,
No by law.
they are able to let you have your dog.

List<nagdu at nfbnet.org
>Date sent: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 15:02:49 -0700
>Subject: [nagdu] Fair Housing

>So, I am still confused about the FHA.

>If a blind person with a GuideDog wishes to move into an
apartment complex is it legal for the complex to ask for
documentation to prove that the GuideDog is truly a GuideDog?

>We will be moving into a subsidized housing complex, and they are
asking for a letter from a DR certifying that my GuideDog is a
service animal.  I am trying to figure out if they can ask for
such a letter.

>Thank You

>Jeff and Hansel
>Jeff Young

>Home of the world's healthiest energy drink.  No Caffeine, no
added sugar.  Email me for a free sample today.