[nagdu] Guide Dogs at School

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Dec 8 16:51:04 UTC 2011

Mark,

All my best wishes with your new dog!  I don't think I'd be brave enough
to learn a new dog in January.

I honestly don't know the answers to all your questions.  It seems that
there are several laws that would apply to various parts of the
educational experience.  The FHA probably applies to the dormitory, but
perhaps not because it is limited to only students.  I'll e interested
to read others responses.  Accommodations regarding the in class
educational experience would fall under a different law, probably the
ADA.  Visitors to the campus would be subject to the ADA and the
college's request for documentation from visitors is most definitely not
appropriate or legal.

Julie