[nagdu] Owner training

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Dec 10 17:23:55 UTC 2011

I had some conversations with Paul Gabias about owner training.  He said
it wasn't rocket science.  All one needs is a knowledge of behavior
modification, consistency, good O&M, and putting in the work.  He was a
psych professor, so figured he knew enough about behavior modification to
get the job done.
He picked out a bredder whose dogs had the traits he wanted, picked out a
puppy, and trained it to be a guide dog.
It would be interesting, but I'm pretty lazy these days.  Well, maybe not
lazy, but by the time I'm done with work and housekeeping, I haven't got a
lot of energy left over.
Tracy