[nagdu] back on line:Odie and I with other stuff

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 20 05:09:47 UTC 2011

Hi, all,
Figured I write a quick update on myself as I'm sure many are wondering
what's happened to Odie and I.
Sadly, the computer crashed around the end of last month into the beginning
of this month thanks to a weird program called system fix.
So, my father had to take the computer and completely rebuild it.
I'll have plenty of messages to read and comb through, but don't plan on
responding to them all to avoid unnecessary flooding of all lists.
If I did miss something important, feel free to email me off list at:
orleans24 at comcast.net
Now for Odie, he's doing well, despite still trying to behave like a
one-year-old large puppy dog.
We did experience a close call incident on Saturday, December 17 while we
decided to walk from 10th Avenue to 1st along Federal Boulevard.
While we came upon a construction site, Odie suddenly stopped and froze,
becoming agitated and his body began swelling up like a balloon.
I then heard someone whistling, but still couldn't make out what was
happening.
Suddenly, a loose dog came running across Federal Boulevard while trafic was
moving right and left, going north and south.
He immediately came fast toward Odie and I from the left hand side.
Odie immediately got in front of my legs and put himself into the attack
stance, growling at the other dog and letting him have it.
Thankfully, the other dog backed off and did retreat back to his owner.
I heard the other dog yelp, but wasn't sure if the other either kicked him
or did something.
I then told the other to watch his dog and get it on leash immediately.
After that incident, Odie was in a nast, bad mood for the rest of the day
and I had to be very vidulant and stay on top of him completely along with
warning other dog owners to keep their dogs close to them directly.
As for four-legged furry partner's senior exam physical, I'll be doing that
next month to update his Bordotela shot and will finish up the paperwork for
Pets Are Wonderful Support in order to be able to get assistance with his
vet costs.
Happily, no bowling for the Milehigh chapter for the American Blind Bowlers
Association League as I'm ready for the break.
P.S. Before I close out, I wanted to let you'alls know that due to what
happened, I've lost everyone's email addresses, so again, feel free to send
them to me off list at my email address listed above.
Hope everyone has a great Christmas and Happy New Year's Day.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf