[nagdu] MBTA was re: beginning to use a cane

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 03:48:57 UTC 2011

Mark, Mardi here. I have used 2 Siberian Huskies and currently have a
Belgian Tervuren as my guide. All my guide dogs have been trained by my
self with the help of a private trainer. I did most of the training on
Shaman by my self this time around.My first guide was a white husky named
Lily, who was a service dog first and when I became legally blind, she was
trained to guide me. My second guide and the best one I have ever had, was
a dark gray husky named Nala. She was a "SUPER DOG". After I tried to
retire her, I used her once in a while just to keep her happy as she did
not want to retire.She died in August of this year from a tumor that went
undetected  by the vet at her yearly well check. My third guide, Shaman the
Belgian Shepherd, is a great guide dog but he is very different from Nala.
I don't think there will ever be another dog like Nala.She was one of a
kind. My favorite breed is the Siberian Husky, but if I want a husky guide,
I will have to train it on my own as I don't know of any schools that train
huskies as guide dogs.I also like Shepherds,but the husky will always be #
1 for me.    Mardi and Shaman.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/