[nagdu] Manitoba Service Dog Legislation

Doug Parisian eggmann at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 29 15:35:36 UTC 2011

Marion, here is the major link for our service animal legislation.  Despite
the best efforts of the exclusionary vested interests, I managed to insert a
small portion of logic into the legislation.  There is not enough of the
educational component included but, it's better than what it was before; no
protection and hence no recourse.

In fact, I did test the legislation in the form of a complaint against a
neighbour who refused to control his loose dog.  Before I pressed charges,
that particular street was a bit of a bother, nothing serious but needlessly
distracting and interfering in terms of my dog's working patterns.  I often
use this route to return home laden down with groceries both in my humungous
backpack and a couple of bags full of squishable bread.  I've experienced no
further problems from any dogs on that street in the year since.  Here is a
link to get you all started.

http://web2.gov.mb.ca/bills/39-3/b238e.php

Because the list forces plain text, you'll probably have to copy and past
the link.

Doug: I'm not your stepping stone.