[nagdu] Shepard Guide Dogs

loriandleo loriandleo at ohiohills.com
Fri Dec 30 04:38:28 UTC 2011

Hi Mark,

My pprevious guide dog was a German Shepherd named Leo. Leo was a one person
dog and he wasn't a food hound wanting to pick things up off of the ground.
And when he was in harness and working he was all business. He could care
less if he got petted by anyone. In fact, I never really had to worry about
people coming up and wanting to pet me dog because most people saw him and
they stayed clear of him and I. Leo is a sweetboy but he had a tigger
personality. He also was a very high engery dog and very strong and vocal at
times. Leo keep me on my toes and we were a good team and had a solid bond.
A Shepherd isn't for everyone though. I was told by a trainer once that it
takes a special person to be able to handle a Shepherd. I loved working my
Shepherd but I had to stay on top of things when it came to my Shepherd. I
hope to be able to work anotherShepherd in the future.

Lori and theGipper