[nagdu] OR: Pit bulls attack woman and service dog

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 16:02:50 UTC 2011

All I have to say is this is truly a shame. First of all, it is tragic that this happened at all; second, it heightens the fear of Pit Bulls whose personalities are often exploited by people who own them. They are playful, lovable dogs and when cared for properly are far from mean, but things like this has furthered their reputation. My daughter got one from a rescue, and her vet was concerned about it. At first she was afraid of men, but her husband respected the distance she requested, and very soon she loved him like the rest of the family, and she is not a dog that the children have to fear. So I am sad that this had to happen, both for the service dog and for the dogs. The owner maybe should be impounded? LOL.

Cindy