[nagdu] OR: Pit bulls attack woman and service dog

Sharonda Greenlaw sbgreenlaw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 16:54:51 UTC 2011

i agree. I too have a pit bull who has been cared for and socialized
properly. She loves meeting new dogs and never seems to meet any
strangers.  I think these are the two operative words. I echo Cindy's
words. This is very sad.

On 2/1/11, Cindy Ray <cindyray at gmail.com> wrote:
> All I have to say is this is truly a shame. First of all, it is tragic that
> this happened at all; second, it heightens the fear of Pit Bulls whose
> personalities are often exploited by people who own them. They are playful,
> lovable dogs and when cared for properly are far from mean, but things like
> this has furthered their reputation. My daughter got one from a rescue, and
> her vet was concerned about it. At first she was afraid of men, but her
> husband respected the distance she requested, and very soon she loved him
> like the rest of the family, and she is not a dog that the children have to
> fear. So I am sad that this had to happen, both for the service dog and for
> the dogs. The owner maybe should be impounded? LOL.
>
> Cindy

Sharonda Greenlaw
President (Phoenix Chapter)
National Federation of the Blind
Come, read and take a journey with me at
www.WorldOfShariG.blogspot.com
or find me here:
http:\\shari_greenlaw.livejournal.com
Skype: sharonda2004
Twitter: shari_rocks
Facebook: facebook.com/TheSharondaWhiteGreenlaw