[nagdu] going to church

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 16:34:26 UTC 2011

At The Seeing Eye, too, the instructors tend to take you to the place of worship. I should think if you were one who worships on Saturday, they would need to make allowances. A lot of people elected not to go to church even though they were ordinarily somewhat regular at home. At The Seeing Eye, you can't go the first Sunday because of Juno Walks and getting to know your instrutors and some lectures. The next week, after you have had your dog about 6 days, you can go but are not able to take the dog with you. The last Sunday or two you are able to attend worship and take the dog. I would think that since they do class with diabetics some on Sunday, they would also be able to rearrange a schedule for someone who worships on Saturday, but I've not known anyone to do it. Rebecca, that would be interesting to hear from an Orthodox Rabbi concerning the need to make changes.

CL