[nagdu] Informed choices? was FIDELCO ownership rights and other things.

Lisa belville missktlab1217 at frontier.com
Sun Feb 6 19:42:31 UTC 2011

Rebecca, that's a good point.  I think most people don't read legal
contracts thoroughly though, so I wouldn't chalk this up to just an issue of
someone not knowing what to look for or expect in a contract.

None of the ways that I'm thinking of, such as having the contract be signed
by a witness or having the person indicate they've read and understand the
terms of the agreement seem a bit like over kill to me.

I'm wondering why we have to sign a contract with a school anyway.  I
honestly don't remember signing one with Katy, but I did with my first guide
dog.  It was basically saying that I'd use the dog for mobility purposes and
that I wouldn't sell the equipment when he retired or something along those
lines.  For Katy I signed a publicity release form giving the school
permission to use me in any PR they did.  Someone could opt out of that if
they wanted and it wouldn't affect the person getting training or anything.

With both dogs, I signed a waver of liability

Otherwise, I'm not sure how you could really get someone to internalize some
of the stricter policies in some school contracts.

The handle on my recliner apparently doesn't qualify as an exercise
machine...who knew ?
Lisa Belville
missktlab1217 at frontier.com