[nagdu] Crisis Averted!

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 6 19:52:50 UTC 2011

Dan,

I never even thought of it from that angle.  /lol/  But you're probably
right.  They train dogs to guide blind people, not for sighted people with
allergies.

I divorced my allergies, as I like to say, though that was not my only
reason for high-tailing it elsewhere.  I do now have an attitude towards
anyone who metions the word allergy like it's something I'm supposed to do
something about, though. I try to keep it to myself, since it's more knee
jerk reaction than rational thought.  And sometimes I just like to pretend
I'm a nice person.  /grin/

So I got a hypoallergenic dog anyway, since I'd learned They (the infamous
They) were starting train poodles and had looked into them (couldn't get
them west of the Mississippi for sure at that time) in case I managed to
figure out a way to stay married to Mr. Allergy.  One tries, until notices
the Other One is not trying, then gets a clue.  /smile/

Which makes me wonder about myself sometimes.  I get a hypoallergenic,
nonshedding dog to train as a guide dog to lessen our impact on others in
places we like to go, when I'm sort of permanently ticked off at people who
can't manage their own dang allergies and think I should orient my life and
activities around them.  They can take a pill, for pete's sake!  I can't.
And if they're that worried a dog hair might get in their precious food,
what are they doing eating in public in the first place.  And so on.
Thath's not my deep philosophy; just sheer, unadulterated 'tude.  /evil
grin/

So that makes no sense!  I have a feeling that if I examined myself to find
my true reasons for going poodle, it wasn't for the sake of others, but just
to keep them from giving me grief about their issues and all that other
fragrant muck.  Been there, done that.  Tired of it.

The people who are afraid of such a dangerous beast as a poodle in a
harness, thus can get my full attention and resentment.  They can take a
pill for their problem; I can't for mine.  So there!  And I here there are
these new kinda doctors and stuff you can talk to about problems like that,
and they know how to help you fix it.  Have you heard?  And so on.

No, I don't say that, I pretend I'm a nice person.  It might be fun...
/lol/

Also, I just like my poodle because she's a poodle and a Mitzi poodle at
that.  So when I stick my nose in the air and self-righteously proclaim that
I have chosen a hypoallergenic, nonsheeding dog for the health and
well-being of others, I am lying through my teeth.  /grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney