[nagdu] Taking Dogs to Hospitals

Chasity Jackson chasityvanda at charter.net
Wed Feb 9 03:30:33 UTC 2011

I volunteer for two hospice agencies. My guide dog serves as a pet therapy
dog when we are visiting our patients. That simply entails just sitting
there and comforting patients with her presence, and allowing them to pet
her. That's all she does as a pet therapy dog. We have done this for two
years now. I did not have to go through a lot of work to get in. They were
very happy to welcome us to the hospice team at each hospice. Good luck with
your situation. I hope it all works out.