[nagdu] Relieving harness update

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Feb 11 14:27:52 UTC 2011

My retired dog Echo is very old, and getting a bit senile.  She's as apt
to poop inside as out, these days.  It was getting to be a real problem.
I bought a relieving harness from Pawpower Creations, and it's been a real
godsend.  Now, if we're not sure she's done her stuff, I put on the
harness and a bag, and she just wears it in the house.  I have to make one
bag handle a little bigger, so it's comfortable, but after that she
doesn't seem to mind it at all.  She only gets bugged when her poop starts
to follow her around.  Then she comes to find me, and I take care of it,
though usually I smell it and come find her first.  It's such a relief, to
smell the smell and find everything neatly in the bag and ready to dispose
of, instead of scattered all over the floor, waiting for us to step in it.
 Sometimes the bag gets crumpled, and some falls out, but it's still a
huge improvement.  We had tried the doggy diaper, but this is a much
better solution.
Sorry if I've grossed anyone out. You know you're a guide dog handler when
poop becomes part of ordinary conversation.
Tracy