[nagdu] Blind man Dr Tom Pey may sue Eurostar after being left ontrain in Brussels

Lisa belville missktlab1217 at frontier.com
Fri Feb 18 14:40:56 UTC 2011

Well, it's easy for all of us to judge and be the proverbial Monday Morning
quarterback with situations like this.  The info given is only as accurate
as the reporter's research.

I do wonder, though, why he chose to leave his dog at home.  Taking the dog
and then having a cabby refuse to transport would have been a perfect
example of the discrimination he was afraid of.

Also, did this person not at least flag down another passenger or a
conductor and request help?  I doubt if it was a language barrier, and this
would have been the easiest way to obtain the help.

Just sitting waiting on a train while it's being emptied out is not a place
I'd want to be, especially if I needed to be someplace on time.

It's one reason why I hate asking for help when flying; they expect me to
wait until someone has come to the gate, and to the flight attendants, this
means I need to sit in my seat like a good little girl rather than exiting
the plane with everyone else.  I almost missed a connection once due to this
attitude, so I just grab my carry-on stuff and head out with everyone else.

But, the person in this article didn't have their dog or a cane, they didn't
have as much autonomy.

And before anyone says I should navigate airports alone. . . I only fly once
every three years or so.  I don't do it often enough to be good at it, so I
don't learn the layouts of airports and I'd prefer to get assistance when
possible so I can get where I need to be on time..

IF THE HOUSEWORK IS DONE - THEN THE COMPUTER IS Broken!
Lisa Belville
missktlab1217 at frontier.com