[nagdu] Fw: 12 hours from gdb visit.

Jessica Pitzer rolosgirl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 16:34:59 UTC 2011

I believe GDB uses the same footwork as GDA, at GDA we were tought to
have the left foot out in front always, for sits, downs, at curbs the
left foot is on the curb and the right slightly back, however with my
balance we found in training it was easier for me to do the curbs and
step offs with my right foot, and Kip did just fine adjusting to that,
I do sometimes push him left but he quickly figured out that he coudl
push me right and so on and now we're fine and he's used to how we
roll. Also in our training there were two types of left turns, both a
formal left, but some people would do it my way which is to turn 90
degress into the dog pull slightly back on the harness handle, ssay
left, give the hand signal, and  side step left to let the dog clear
things and then continue on, others did this more by staying straight
ahead, and kind of swinging left all at once but again my balance
didn't allow that, and same for rights, most people just did it all at
once where as I would move the right foot back, then my left, and when
I move the left I say right with the hand signal and allow kip to pass
in front of me and follow him out. Kip is also very good about at
curbs if I don't feel the crub under my foot he puts his nose on my
leg when my foot is on it to let me know that we're there and not to
go any further, he didn't do this from teh start but from abotu the
second week of class onward. He's a happy boy, even though the work
has been a bit less lately as I've been horribly sick, but he loves
his  bones and play time, and the work he does get.
Jessica and Kip