[nagdu] the dog cut me off

Dan Sweeney daniel.sweeney1 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 20 17:27:09 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I haven't written in a long time. I have been busy working with my boy,
Scout. I am sure you remember all the issues I had in the beginning with
him. I am so happy we have conquered  all of those hurdles. It WAS  my
fault all along. I just had to figure out he was NOT a pet. It was all a
question of dominance - who knew?

Anyway, my question is, has anyone had their guide cross over right in front
of them? It has only happened 3 times, but I have almost tripped over him. I
am not quite sure how to correct him in that situation. I am using the
gentle leader exclusively, so how would I pull back or up?

Just a little advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan and his favorite dog in the world, Scout.

So glad I did not give up on him!

My sincere sympathies to Anna Lisa Anderson (pardon the spelling) on the
loss of her guide dog. I was very sad to hear about

God bless all of you! It in the last issue of the Leader Dog Update.