[nagdu] the dog cut me off

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Feb 20 17:48:54 UTC 2011

Dan,

I think the first thing to figure out is why he crossed in front of you.
Many guides are taught to do this if there is a dangerous situation in front
of you.  Some, even if not taught formally, will figure it out and cross in
front to stop you from moving forward.

Of course it could be that he was distracted by something on the right.  It
could also be that he needed to move around something on the left and didn't
accomplish it very smoothly.  How I handled the crossing over would depend
on the reason why it happened in the first place.

What happened with AnnaLisa's dog?  I hadn't heard anything about it.  I am
sorry for her loss.  Please pass along my sympathy in case she doesn't read
this.

Julie