[nagdu] Stupid people?

Bernadetta Pracon bernadetta_pracon at samobile.net
Sun Jan 2 20:10:01 UTC 2011

Jessica:
Wow, Unbelievable. I share your feeling of shock. That guy was ignorant
and rude. And I'm sorry to be dismissive, but he was an idiot like you
say.   I had a similar situation happen with my Kipp when I first got
him a few years  ago. I was standing in the checkout line at a local
grocery store, and someone in front of me started petting him. He was
being a good boy and tried very hard to focus on being a guide, but the
person was doing her very best to distract him nonetheless. I quickly
put my hand on his back in an effert to stop her from doing that, and I
was going to ask her politely to please stop petting my working dog.
But I didn't get the chance. As soon as I put my hand on Kipp's back,
she got very nasty with me and said, "'Scuse me, take your hand off the
dog. I'm trying to pet him. Move!". I was shocked and angry, and it
took all  I had to not take all my frustration out on her. But I
retorted with, "Excuse me, you can't pet him. He's working, and I
reserve the right to stop your interference in his job. Your
distracting him, so please leave him alone.". My mom said that the
woman just shot me a dirty look and spun around to face the counter. I
know I was a bit brash with her, but it's hard to educate rude and
careless people. Unfortunately.
Bernadetta

P.S: I think it's so funny and cute that both our dogs are named Kip,
except mine is spelled with two P's. Where's yours from?