[nagdu] more training

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Tue Jan 4 14:33:41 UTC 2011

Marsha,

First let me say that I admire your tenacity. Life does go on and you are to
be commended for going on as well.

GDF would teach these things to an existing team we'd graduated, and have
done so in fact, helping the person add tasks to the dog's work. However, we
do not do this for dogs trained by other schools as the training methods
differ enough to be confusing for both dog and student.

That said though, I'd definitely contact TSE as they have done some
innovative things in this area as well and would probably be more than
willing to assist you.

The hard part in any addition of tasks is knowing when it's too much for any
given dog, i.e., balance work. That's when you really need a trainer with
some experience to observe the dog as it learns or does the work.

Good luck to you.

Jenine Stanley

jeninems at wowway.com