[nagdu] Dog carrying

Dan Weiner dcwein at dcwein.cnc.net
Thu Jan 6 15:25:15 UTC 2011

Interesting subject.
Well, when you say "carry" do you lift the dog to go on or off, or just
carry him the whole time?
That was a serious question as I know handlers who've had dogs forever and
one actually would just carry the dog.
With Evan, 1996 at Leader Dogs, my trainer thought I should heal him on to
the contraption and lift him off by the back strap of the harness, rather,
sort of lift and swing.
I did this for many a year and then found out that Evan had figured out
what's required of him and just would jump or hop.

With Carter I was advised to heal on and off, but I haven't used as many
escalators as I did in my hay day with Evan.

Cordially,

Happy new year from Dan and The Carter Nut