[nagdu] Dog carrying

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 6 16:08:42 UTC 2011

When I have to carry a dog, I pick him up in my arms, one arm under the
butt and the other under the chest, just in front of his front legs.  It
feels more secure to me, and the dog too, I think.
I've never tried the lifting by the harness strap method.  It seems
possible to me that the dog's back feet could still be in contact with the
escalator if I didn't lift high enough, or lifted crooked.
I have to take escalators a few times every week, and I really appreciate
the heel-and-hop method.  So much better than carrying the dog!
Tracy