[nagdu] Guide Dog Handler Bill of Rights

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 22:00:25 UTC 2011

If you get a dog at TSE and within the first year you find that the dog is not working out for you, they will replace it and apply the fee to the next dog and call it an adjustment. In such a case, it would be only right for you to return the dog to them. Jordan's is the only story I have ever heard of a repossession, and I suspect there is more to the story that we don't know and probably don't have a right to know, but it seems like aserioius allegation given that this is not their policy and the dog is yours upon leaving the school. To say they don't care is really what you perceive, many of the rest of us do not see that. When I hae not been able to continue with a dog (and I two such within a year's period that had to return) I would never have found the dog a home but, rather, would hve wanted to return it there for their evaluation. The two with which I experienced it were retired, far as I know, and the one I had for two years and returned, I did because I thought he might be a better fit for someone else. I think I could have given him away if I had wanted to. Never tested out this theory.