[nagdu] Guide Dog Handler Bill of Rights

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Sun Jan 30 22:16:48 UTC 2011

And if you work your dog outside more than once a week in the winter
when it is really cold with or without doggie booties, how do you know
the school will not say this is unsafe or unhealthy and repo the dog.
So do you work your dog outside only once a week and lose your dog
because you aren't using him/her ?

I really would like to know what Fidelco and Leader told the handlers
when they removed their dog.  Have the handlers said "they repo'd my
guide because x y z"?  Not what the handler thought or didn't think the
problem, what were they told by the school in question.  Knowing this
would sure clarify some things including why schools repo guides and why
schools feel they need this option.  Leader changed to a 2-year period
before full ownership.  Why did they change this?
Brenda