[nagdu] guide dog users with seizures

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 21:21:56 UTC 2011

Bibi,

You rock! I had a friend years ago with really bad grand mal seizures,
and she and her family did not let her or them stop from living their
lives and doing good things. The midcations back then weren't what they
are now, so the regular seizures did have a big impact on them all at
times, requiring frequent hospitalizaoins. They were pretty open about
it, too, and I never did understand why some people would get so freaked
out by just knowing she had the condition. Sigh.

I don't have any groundbreaking information about how the disorder would
affect your getting a dog through a program beyond what Lyn already
said. If I do run across anything useful, I will let you know!

Best,
Tami