[nagdu] attachment or anxiety separation

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:53:57 UTC 2011

I experience the same thing.  I'm single and I never left my retired guide
alone, when she was my active working dog.  I just never needed to leave
her.  When she retired, I was working in a different job than I am now, away
from home 8 to 10 hours a day, so she went to live with her raisers.  well,
now I work from home, and her raisers felt she was unhappy with them,
because they were gone so much, so she came back.  I have my current guide
and my retired guide, and I feel horribly guilty every time I go out with
Olga and leave Bianca home alone.  Silly, I know, she's used to it after two
and  a half years of retirement, but she's only been back with me for six
months.  If I go to a place like pet smart with friends I bring her too, and
we try to go to my friends home where she can run in their yard.  I also
have local puppy raisers and others who take her for walks, but for me, I
still feel guilty whenever I leave her alone.

Sherry