[nagdu] Restaurant acknowledges 'mistake' in ejecting guide dog

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 15:30:42 UTC 2011

Steve, and this is in no way being rude or anything.

You state that this is the difference between NFB and ACB.

In the article the ACB made a statement, and it read the Koors who are part of the ACB stood up for them.

NFB does the same, I am also recommending for those who were not at the convention, to go to the NFBNY.org and listen to the speech given by former governor David Patterson.

About the Workforce Bill, and putting it towards the same issues whether with a guide dog or entrance into any establishment. That it is not negotiable, we know our rights and that we will inform those that are breaking the laws know about them.

Sorry I am still under Convention fulfillment and excitement.

I realize that what I am about to say below doesn't pertain to guide dogs, but our NFB Family in General.

On July 2, before our convention started I had a couple who went to the Kennedy Space Center were denied access because they were blind until I called them.  I am working on this issue with the Travel and Tourism Division and have writing to Dr. Maurer and others involved about this.

But my point is, my client called me at the entrance I spoke to them, and they were allowed in after I gave them denial access laws to the Kennedy Space Center Employee who was not allowing them entrance.

We need to help all of our members and of course Guide Dog Users.  Hopefully our new Hotline will be a help in this area. That is my 2 cents on that.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.