[nagdu] Restaurant acknowledges 'mistake' in ejecting guide dog

PICKRELL, REBECCA M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Tue Jul 12 15:10:24 UTC 2011

Exactly Steve!

-----Original Message-----
From: nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Steven Johnson
Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2011 1:31 PM
To: 'NAGDU Mailing List, the National Association of Guide Dog Users'
Subject: Re: [nagdu] Restaurant acknowledges 'mistake' in ejecting guide dog

And that, my friends is the difference between the NFB and ACB.  Stand up
for your members and push the letter of the law.  It is 21 years after the
passage of the ADA, and if you don't get it by now, we will make you get it.
No excuses.  And, get a better grip on your service dog terminology.
On a related note, a friend of mine faced a similar situation with a
recreational lodge here in WI.  The owners said that after they learned the
law, it wasn't a problem.  However, their problem now is the lawsuit they
are facing as my friend connected with myself as the President of WAGDU, and
this is the best thing they could have done.  Sorry, I have no sympathy for
you business owners anymore, and it is time to understand the law.
Furthermore, if you read your freaking state restaurant codes, there is
generally if not always, an exemption for service dogs.  Like Ricky Ricardo
says...you got some splainin to do, and this is why we need to criminalize
such acts.
Steve