[nagdu] Welcome & List Stats

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Jul 19 21:57:28 UTC 2011

dear All,
    I want to join Julie Johnson in welcoming all of our new list members. Though membership in the National Association of Guide Dog Users is not a requirement to be a subscriber to this list, I would like to encourage you to join our division. Your membership strengthens our organization by adding to our voice and the numbers we represent. It is very true that "there is strength in numbers"! We have a some awesome, exciting initiatives, including our NAGDU Information & Advocacy Hotline, our recently passed Guide Dog Consumers' Bill of Rights, and our soon to be released Guide Dog Consumers' Satisfaction Survey. To become a member of NAGDU, simply visit our website at

HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG

click on the membership link, and fill in the memgership form. Our dues are only $5.00, so they won't break the bank!
    I also wanted to let you know that we have 166 non-digested subscribers, 64 digested subscribers, and 4 private subscribers for a total of 234 subscribers! With so many subscribers, it is important for everyone to observe the list rules. One suggestion I would like to make is to send messages to the list with substance. I know you want to let others know that they are appreciated, but sending a message that says, "Good post!" or "I agree!" only adds to the traffic on the list. For example, when everyone was sending me birthday wishes, I waited until later in the day and thanked everyone at once. Otherwise, I would have added to the number of list messages. If you want to acknowledge someone's great post, I have no problem with that. People like and deserve recognition. Just remember that every message to  the list is sent to 233 other people, too! Thank you very much for your cooperation! And thanks for subscribing! I hope you enjoy the comraderie and the information you receive from here!

fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG